Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

An apple a day...

Do you wear vintage? Are you one of the lucky ones that fall in the 'small' category, or are you considered a 'plus size' like me? Well, if the latter, you will know just how tricky it can be to find good quality vintage clothing that are a little more generous in size, yet feminine and flattering. That is exactly why I always look out for, and get excited over vintage inspired pieces on the High Street. This summer I fell in love with a cheery summer dress by Pepperberry. I love their designs, specifically produced with busty ladies in mind. They always allow for a little more room, and not a straining button in sight! This dress had the typical emphasized, nipped-in waistline, reminiscent of the 1950's, with flattering capped sleeves and a cross-over bust.

I waited for the summer sales to kick off, in the hope that I would be able to snap it up at a reduced price. And guess what? Patience paid off...I was able to get it at half the original price! Result! And I love it...The length is a little shorter than I'd like, but teamed with my crinoline petticoat it is perfect!

The perfect little dress for summer days...











































I adore the piping detail around the neckline, and it's also carried through to the waist...
















































































I am delighted when non-vintage retailers get it so right...I love this dress, and I know it is an investment piece that I will have in my wardrobe for a long time...It will be a staple for lazy, hazy summer days...


























Blessings








1 comment:

  1. What a cute dress, and how wise of you to wait for a sale!

    ReplyDelete

I really would love it if you stopped a while to say 'hello'! Please leave comments here. I read and appreciate every single word, and will always endeavor to write back, but if I don't, it is only because life's demands on my time has got the better of me! Thank you for stopping by!